At Sirona Technologies, we are developing direct air capture (DAC) technology to remove CO2 from the air and combat climate change. We are a young startup in the R&D phase, scaling up our lab prototype into larger and larger machines.
We are looking for an exceptional and mission-driven machine designer to lead the prototyping of our direct air capture machine. As a member of the core team, you will be expected to rapidly grow your responsibilities in order to help fulfill our ambitious goals.
As a machine designer, you will have to:
- Lead the technical drawings of our machine, using CAD software to create manufacturable parts
- Assist in material selection based on application needs, cost, and other relevant factors
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, research, and production teams to ensure a cohesive design process
- Introduce prototyping and manufacturing constraints driven by production efficiency and feasibility
- Supervise manufacturing and assembling of the prototypes
- Supervise test runs and make necessary adjustments to make sure the machine reaches the expected performance
- A background in mechanical, automation or electro-mechanical engineering
- Proven experience in machine design, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Designing skills in mechanics and electro-mechanics
- Proficiency in relevant software tools for technical drawings, preferably SolidWorks
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, curious and pro-active
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Smart but humble, with a bias for action
If you’re interested in contributing to the fight against climate change and are looking for a fast-paced organization where you will be able to have an out-sized impact, we’d love to hear from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the work you’ve done that you are the most proud of.
Everybody on the team is expected to work from our offices in Brussels, Belgium